Re: [Exim] Rejecting all mail apparently from a particular d…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: tdn
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Rejecting all mail apparently from a particular domainexcept from a particular IP
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, tdn wrote:

> > You do not want to do this. Consider:
> >
> > his server ->
> >   some other host ->
> >     user at other host forwards mail to your server ->
> >       you get mail from some other host with sender@hisdomain

> The client claims that all his users send outgoing mail using his mail
> server, and his mail server sends all non-local mail
> to my mail server.
> Would this cause any problem ?

Yes. I'll refine my scenario above:

his user -> his server
  his server -> your server
    your server -> some other server
      The recipient at the other server has set up mail forwarding.
      It so happens that the forwarding is to a mailbox on your server.
        So we end up with some other server -> your server.

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time. :-)