Re: [Exim] Exim-4 problem = Replying to self

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: exim-users
Cc: Odhiambo G. Washington
Temas antiguos: [Exim] Exim-4 problem
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim-4 problem = Replying to self
* Odhiambo G. Washington <wash@???> [20020208 18:59]: wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have a problem that seems minor but after a terrible day I seem lost.
>
> On my Exim (3.953) config file I have:
>
> # Exim user and those whose uids no delivery should occur.
>
> exim_user = mailnull
> exim_group = mail
> never_users = root : mailnull
>
> I was running a process as root and I wanted to send the results to my main acct
> on a machine where I read my mail.
>
> #do foo | bar | mail wash@??? &
>
> This completed but the mail never came. I then checked and realised that even the
> system mails to root never got delivered. So I tried the ultimate push...
>
> beastie# mailq
>  0m   349 16ZDL4-00012v-00 <root@???>
>           wash@???

> beastie# exim -qff
> 2002-02-08 18:53:38 16ZDL4-00012v-00 User 26 set for remote_smtp transport is on the never_users list
> 2002-02-08 18:53:38 16ZDL4-00012v-00 == wash@??? R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-29): User 26 set for remote_smtp
> transport is on the never_users list
> beastie#
>

> ?? clues ???

Hello list,

Sorry for this bother.

After a cup of cold white coffee, I did

never_users = root

....removing mailnull

and I guess that is what my problem was.

Thanks for reserving your flames for a cold day ;-)

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--

Odhiambo Washington    /"\    RED Ribbon Campaign
Wananchi Online Ltd.,    \ /    Against AIDS.

++
For my son, Robert, this is proving to be the high-point of his entire
life to date.  He has had his pajamas on for two, maybe three days
now.  He has the sense of joyful independence a 5-year-old child gets
when he suddenly realizes that he could be operating an acetylene torch
in the coat closet and neither parent [because of the flu] would have
the strength to object.  He has been foraging for his own food, which
means his diet consists entirely of "food" substances which are
advertised only on Saturday-morning cartoon shows; substances that are
the color of jukebox lights and that, for legal reasons, have their
names spelled wrong, as in New Creemy Chok-'n'-Cheez Lumps o' Froot
("part of this complete breakfast").
        -- Dave Barry, "Molecular Homicide"