Re: [Exim] MS-TNEF headers in Exim virus scanning

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Smith, A.D.
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] MS-TNEF headers in Exim virus scanning
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Smith, A.D. wrote:

> I've been asked to set up a mail virus scanner with Exim. I also heard
> whisperings of Exim 4 having "hooks" to attach a mail scanner with.
> My concern is that Exim will not be able to unwrap MS-TNEF (or for that
> matter, any other type of mime) headers.

exim will do you exactly almost nothing. it provides a hook, which
means its *you* who has to write the intelligence. you can plug your
tnef-decoding function there, or whatever you need to have there. exim
gives you an interface, you get to write the implementation. sort of.

> Can anyone put my fears to rest, as it may be a better option just to go
> for Exiscan or Amavis?

this hook, as i see it, is a means to replace these external
solutions, and provide a place for a more 'integrated' one. still,
doing that 'integrated' solution is up to you (as things are now - i'm
sure we'll see some 'generic' solutions, sooner or later).

--
[-]