Re: [Exim] Tuning exim for mass mailing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Dave C.
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Tuning exim for mass mailing
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Dave C. wrote:

quick notes cause i gotta run home

if you can make sure your box won't crash (power failure, system
crash, etc.), you can remove all fsync() calls from the exim source.
this is a *tremedous* speed increase. (as for the others, don't
don't DON'T EVER try this at home!)

also, you can use split_spool_directory, and put (some of the) splits
on different disks; and/or at least put the log/queue/message log
portions of the spool on different disks.

> There are also three other servers available, which do not currently run
> any mail, and are primarily engaged in serving lots of static web
> content. I could run exim daemons, eg, as outbound relay, on these if it
> would be of any gain.

it could even be useful. but it's not hard to saturate a fastethernet
link with one single exim either :)

--
[-]