Re: [Exim] looking for definitions of 19+ mail relay tests

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] looking for definitions of 19+ mail relay tests
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I am looking for a webpage or documentation that gives a name and
> definition for each of the common (19?) open relay tests.
>
> For example, allowing
> MAIL FROM:<test@???>
>
> On some tests this is simply called "Relay test 5". (I guess I would
> define it as "forged envelope-from address using domain literal format".)

There is no such 'official' list. Each/any site which does such checks
and has a list, makes that list up entirely on their own.

If this is in respect to some specific site/DNSBL which is performing
tests, and referring to them by number, you will have to refer to that
specific sites documentation to determine what tests they use and how
they are numbered, if they are referred to by number.

> Can anyone point me to some webpage that explains several of these tests?
>
> I am not looking for a webpage listing all the tests, because I already
> have that. I am just looking for something in layman's terms. It seems
> like I read one a couple years ago, but can't find one with a few google
> searches. If one doesn't exist, then I may make a webpage about it.

These terms are by definition most decidedly NOT 'layman's' terms. They
are specific technical terms used within the field of expertise known by
some as "Internet SMTP email".

If you described something as "forged envelope-from address using domain
literal format" to your average "layman", all you'd get would be a
strange look.