Re: [Exim] Strange connection time

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Dave Doeppel
CC: Phil Pennock, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Strange connection time
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Dave Doeppel wrote:

> I think that we understand that. Thus SMTP connections from MS servers, or
> any other who do not run identd, will cause Exim to keep attempting for 30
> seconds.

The point was, is that this does not occur if "a site does not run
identd"

It occurs, if a site has a particular (broken) firewall setup in place
that does not return a "connection refused" indication (RST packet), if
the identd service is blocked.

Exim will not wait for servers that do not run the identd service and
properly refuse connections to it.