Re: [Exim] Trend Micro's virus scanner

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Hans-Peter Zahno
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: David Chait
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Trend Micro's virus scanner
Dear David,

We run at our site exim with TrendMicro's InterScan plus eManager on Solaris 8.
To better do relay and other controls we run 2 instances of exim:

exim (port 25) -> eManager+Interscan (port 1025) -> exim (port 2525)

the first instance listening on port 25 does only do some verifications,
relay control, RBL-lookup and then forwarding to interscan, which afterwards
passes messages to the 2nd exim instance, which does the delivery.
At the beignning we had some troubles with too much system load. Therefore
we run Interscan now on three different machines and the exim frontend is
distributing mails randomly to the 3 interscan machines (one instance of interscan
is still running on the same machine as exim).
After spending quite a lot of time tuning the whole system, the system is now
stable. Within the next few months we plan to replace our solaris boxes (old
Ultra 1) with a new linux box to overcome the performance bottleneck.

We are stilll thinking about a more elegant config with only 1 exim running,
so any comments and hints are welcome.

Kind regards
Hans-Peter Zahno