Re: [Exim] Reverse Mappings

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Reverse Mappings
At 19:40 -0800 2/5/2002, Brent Jones wrote:
>I recently disabled that check, since a few signifigant e-mails have been
>unfairly dropped, but I would just like to ask a question to
>everyone here; how many legitimate mail servers do you guys think there are
>running out there without correct reverse lookups?

Many if not most of the State of Washington servers (including fish....
which sends Washington State Ferry status update mailing list messages).
At least one server at Kitsap County, Washington State. Many schools. Etc
etc.

Instead of blocking, we mark no-reverse-lookup servers with a custom header
which our users can filter against if they wish. And we are busily
building a white list (well, I add to it when I encounter a white hat
server without reverse name service).

Or, the short answer: "lots."

--John

--