Re: [Exim] Reverse Mappings

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Reverse Mappings
On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 07:40:06PM -0800, Brent Jones wrote:
| how many legitimate mail servers do you guys think there are running
| out there without correct reverse lookups?

Anyone with a dynamic service will likely not have rDNS either. For
example, I have a "dynamic"[1] IP on my DSL line. I have my host
registered with ddts.net so that I at least have a name. I found out
yesterday that they now support MX records too (previously I didn't
have one because I had no choice). They don't support rDNS though. I
don't think I can say it is their fault either since what would happen
if a given IP reverse-looked-up to two different names? dyndns.org
seems to be the same way, and I know of at least one competent person
running a system there.

If you're looking for fairly effective spam reduction, see
    http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim_spamassassin.html

Works For Me(tm) :-).

-D

[1] I obtain it via DHCP but it has never changed yet

--

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
soul?  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?