Re: [Exim] Bcc: not stripped

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Bcc: not stripped
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:28:44AM +0200, Vladimir Ivaschenko wrote:
| Hi,

| I'm using Exim 3.30, and have noticed that e-mail addresses
| specified in Bcc: are not hidden. I have sent several test
| e-mails to destinations at different mail servers, and in all the
| messages I could see the Bcc: with all the original recepients.

| Is there a specific switch which adjusts Bcc: functionality?

RFC2821 (the one that specifies SMTP) doesn't mention Bcc: at all.
Thus exim doesn't have to (indeed, shouldn't) tamper with it. In
fact, the only piece of the DATA (message) that exim should touch is
simply adding a Received: header.

If your MUA wants to announce to the world who it is sending the
message to, exim won't interfere. The solution is to tell your MUA
not to do that!

'man muttrc' includes this

~~~~~~
       write_bcc
              Type: boolean
              Default: yes

              Controls whether mutt writes  out  the  Bcc  header
              when preparing messages to be sent.  Exim users may
              wish to use this.
~~~~~~

If you're using mutt, set this to "no" and you'll be all set.

-D

--

If you hold to [Jesus'] teaching, you are really [Jesus'] disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.