Re: [Exim] unrouteable vs unknown local-par

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jim Pazarena
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] unrouteable vs unknown local-par

>> > Exactly.
>> >
>> > cant_route:
>> > driver = redirect
>> > allow_fail
>> > data = :fail: Unknown local part
>>
>> Wouldn't it be better to restrict that router to local domains only? You
>> don't want to look like you treat a remote address as local if one ever
>> reaches that router.

>Oh, sure, if necessary. It depends on how the earlier routers are
>defined. They may filter out all the other domains (the default Exim 4
>configuration works like that).

This is how I was using the configure file, so at this point the address
_must_ be a local domain.

Next question, is that even tho I have used the "fail" as above
(and it WORKS .. thanks!)
the log files (both main & reject) still show that the message was
rejected as "Unrouteable address", where they should more properly reflect
"Unknown local part" as in the fail message.

Any way around this Philip?

I repectfully request that the log files be able to log the fail message.

Or, alternately, that the config file has a router option which can change
the default from unrouteable to unknown.
--
Jim Pazarena    mailto:paz@qcislands.net
                http://www.qcislands.net/paz