Re: [Exim] Mail transaction failures

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Mail transaction failures
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> I therefore assume that this problem is seen the world over, unless of
> course someone knows what I haven't told Exim to do for me. I have
> a 2Mbit uplink to the Internet, even...
>

> Could this be a problem at my site??
>
> >   sur.mjmiel@???
> >     Operation timed out:
> >     SMTP timeout while connected to relay.lon.equant.net [57.250.220.29]
> after end of data (4297 bytes written):

What you need to do is to run a delivery to that host with debugging
turned on to see what Exim is sending. The ultimate test is to use
something like tcpdump to see exactly what is being sent on the wires.

I note that that host advertises PIPELINING. I am in discussion with
another Exim user (coincidentally also with a "class A" IP address)
where something similar is happening, and it seems to be related to
PIPELINING (both incoming and outgoing), but we haven't resolved it.