Re: [Exim] Problems with relaying with DNS errors

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Christopher Curtis
To: Dave C.
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problems with relaying with DNS errors
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> Oic.. Well, insist that the colocation facility give you different IP
> space. Or insist that they do whatever is ncesarry to get themselves off
> the RBL. Or take your money to another colo facility. That is the entire
> POINT of the RBL, to make it undesirable to host a spammer or to do
> business with someone that does.

This is not economically feasible. I'm a worker ant, and this isn't
exactly one server. The problem is that ALL IPs here are RBLs.

> I'm still a little fuzzy on what you are trying to do - I gather you
> have a server at another location, that is on non-RBL'd address space,
> that you want to relay for the server that is on the RBL'd space?

Absolutely. Not RBL'd, but saturated.

> If so, then just set the server that is RBL'd to smarthost through the
> other, and then set host_accept_relay on the non-RBL'd server to include
> the numeric IP address(es) of the RBL'd server (and possibly also add
> them as exclusions to your sender_verify_hosts_callback, as well, if
> you have that setting in place for some other reason)

Seems so easy, doesn't it?

That works until DNS dies, then the relayed messages, instead of getting
temporary DNS type errors, get "Cannot Validate" 5xx errors with nasty
returns and customers don't get their receipts, lost passwords, etc.

And:

doesn't seem to help. :(

Chris