Re: [Exim] Strange connection time

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
To: Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Strange connection time
On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 08:22:16PM -0200,
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@???> is thought to have said:

>     I'm sending this message again in a hope of an answer.
>     I have an exim server in a Debian Potato server.
>     Some connection from some ISPs who the hello message in a few seconds
> and others have to wait 30 sec for smtp message.
>     The server is www.cys.com.br.
>     What can be wrong? Confs? DNS?

Suresh answered you yesterday. It is most likely identd timing out on the
remote side's firewall. Set rfc1413_query_timeout to a small number or turn
it off by setting it to 0s. See FAQ Q5045 for details.

Perhaps we should update the FAQ entry for this one to provide better search
fodder (like "30 seconds" or "slow response on initial connection" or
somesuch)

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality