Re: [Exim] Re: Strange connection time

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave
Para: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Strange connection time
Thank you for your reply. I realize that the ipop3 stuff is not relevant to
the list. I just mentioned it because I was having the same issue with Exim
and the POP server.

I was able to resolve both issues. Exim response time was resolved by
inserting the command
rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s

I fixed my POP 3 issue my rem'ing out the following in the ipop3 file under
xinetd
#       log_on_success          += USERID
#       log_on_failure          += USERID

I found the following at
http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/November2000/article175.shtml
the use of pop3 throught xinetd could be painful, depending on the values
you use for logging. For instance the use of USERID send a request from
your xinetd to an identd server hosted at the pop's client. If no such
server is available, a timeout is waited for 30 seconds.
So, when somebody tries to get his mail, he have to wait at least for those
30 seconds if no identd server responds. You have to choose between :
install an identd server on all the clients so your logs are very sharp
(take care, one can change the informations provided by identd) ;
decrease the quality of your logging for that service so that your users
could get their mails quickly.

Since MS does not have an ident service it was causing the 30 second delay
when I was testing clients behind MS ISA firewall.

I hope that this helps others and again sorry for including in the
exim-users. Just happened to be the same issue.

Dave Doeppel