[Exim] exiscan, allowing only one istance to run

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sean Rima
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] exiscan, allowing only one istance to run
Originally to: All

Hi, me again,

Okay read the FAQs, Docs, info files and god knows what else but I cannot find
an answer to this.

I run exim on an old 486 pc just to handle mail for myself and my wife and
handle domain mail for both our mothers. which it does excellently.

Yesterday, I received an email with a W32/Nimda virus. Okay no problem for me as
I don't run Windows, but my mother does and I want to virus check all emails.
However when fetchmail is grabbing mail I can have a couple of 100 instances of
exiscan running which really drains resources and the whole system grinds to a
halt. What I was wondering is it possible to send each email to exiscan and once
that email finishes to send another, whilst still accepting mail from fetchmail
etc. This would cause a bottleneck I know but I am prepared to live with it. Or
if possible another solution might be just to filter the domain mail for my
mother.

Sean

... A linux machine! because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste

<-> Gateway Information.
This message originated from a Fidonet System (http://www.fidonet.org)
and was gated at TCOB1 (http://www.tcob1.net)
Please do not respond direct to this message but via the list