Re: [Exim] Auth

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: root
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Auth
On 2002-01-31 at 08:53 +0100, root wrote:
> I have two servers one of them with Exim 3.33-1.1 and the other one with 3.12
>
> I would like to don't permit that everybody can connect to my smtp port and make spam.

So don't set the rule allowing this.

> If i write in my exim.conf "relay_domains *" everybody can connect to my smtp port and make spam.

That defines which domains you will accept mail for, and then try to
pass on to the real domain. You use it if you're a backup MX for a
domain.

> I have read the config.samples and i have set up as config.sample C039 but it don't work.

You need to provide:

* more background information, explaining what you're trying to have
your mail-system do
* what exactly doesn't work

> Please let me know how can i do for only can connect to my smtp port my users.

Don't set relay_domains to anything. Just leave it out of the
configuration.

If you want to accept mail from some local hosts, and act as a smarthost
for them for outbound email, look at hosts_accept_relay.

Point a web-browser at:
<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec.html>
and read "46.4 Control of relaying". Use a browser capable of handling
graphics -- there's a very useful diagram.
--
Hide not your talents, they for use were made.
What's a sundial in the shade? -- Ben Franklin