[Exim] Not Removing Duplicate Addresses

Góra strony
Autor: Ollie Cook
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Not Removing Duplicate Addresses
We have a system whereby user1@???
and user2@??? might both get rewritten
to olliecook@???.

However, this has the side-effect that if you address
mail to both parties, only one copy will be delivered.

From the documentation (23.4):

| Exim removes duplicate addresses from the list to
| which it is delivering, so as to deliver just one
| copy to each address. This does not apply to deliveries
| directed at pipes by different immediate parent
| addresses, but an indirect aliasing scheme of the type...

My reading of the documentation is that this would
only apply to addresses generated from an aliasfile
director, but this would seem not to be the case (we are
using the smartuser director with the new_address option).

With -d9 debugging in force I can ascertain that this
is what is actually happening (rather than the second
mail vanishing somewhere else):

| olliecook@??? is a duplicate address: discarded

What the documentation doesn't seem to mention, is a
way of preventing it from behaving like this. Is there
such an option? If it does exist, and can be limited
to certain directors, so much the better.

Any ideas?

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065