Re: [Exim] Login Authentication

Góra strony
Autor: Greg Ward
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Login Authentication
On 30 January 2002, Matthew Daubenspeck said:
> It doesn't seem to give any more loggin then usual. I added the -d9 to
> inetd.conf and the same contents are in the log:
>
> 2002-01-30 18:32:14 refused relay (host) to <mellofone@???>
> from <matt@???> H=pool-151-201-151-16.phil.east.verizon.net
> (fringe.oddprocess.org) [151.201.151.16]
>
> Is inetd.conf the wrong place to add -d9?

Yes. If you're trying to debug Exim-as-smtp-daemon, do this:

exim -odf -bd -d9

which makes Exim listen for SMTP connections without forking off to
become a daemon.

If this is on a live server, you can listen to a different port and
leave the real server alone:

exim -odf -bd -oX 2525 -d9

Of course then you need to find an SMTP client to talk to port 2525.
"telnet" should work. ;-)

There's also an option to do a fake SMTP session, so you could just as
easily do:

exim -d9 -bs

and then pretend to be an SMTP client.

        Greg