Re: [Exim] Test user problem

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Greg Ward
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Test user problem
On 30 January 2002, John Culleton said:
> I am instlling exim and mailman on my home system.
> I followed all the directions (I think ) in mailman's
> INSTALL and README.EXIM.
>
> I tried twice to establish test users. I did not get any instructions back.
> Instead, in both cases I get messages like this in the mailman logs:

First, you should ensure that your Exim installation is working 100%
before trying to configure Mailman.

Second, Mailman normally sends mail by connecting to the local SMTP
server, ie. port 25 of 127.0.0.1. If it can't connect, you lose. Try
"telnet localhost 25". You probably need to tweak Exim's config so
local clients can connect.