Re: [Exim] Login Authentication

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tabor J. Wells
Aan: Matthew Daubenspeck
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Login Authentication
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:58:10PM -0500,
Matthew Daubenspeck <matt@???> is thought to have said:

> >Use -d X where X is a number representing how verbose you want your debug
> >info to be.
>
> Please excuse my stupidity, but I assume I change that in /etc/inetd.conf,
> which is currently set to exim -bs

Yes, but -d causes debug output to be written to stderr instead of the
logfile. Look at also using the -df flag to redirect that output to a file.

> Copied directly from exim.conf:
>
> host_auth_accept_relay = *

Out of curiousity does it work if you remove inetd from the picture
altogether? (Comment out the entry in inetd.conf, HUP inetd, and restart
exim with the -bd option to bind to port 25 directly)?

There was some talk recently of relay problems when running out of inetd but
I don't really recall what they were since I don't run exim from inetd and
skimmed the thread without really reading. Perhaps check the list archives
as well.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality