[Exim] exim + exiscan

Top Pagina
Auteur: Margrit Lottmann
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] exim + exiscan
I think, I've a problem:

We are using exim + exiscan (with sophos sweep).

We have configured, that if there is an infected email, we send
notifications to the sender/recipient/postmaster.

But what happens, if the

sender is a email-list : seems ok !!! ( The notification will be sent to
the list-request-address ( it's the env-from))

recipient is a email-list :
  a) if the email-list is mananged from our MTA we can
     append code to the exiscan -program, which checks for our
     local email-lists
     -> send notifications only to the list-request-address which
                we can find in special tables of our configuration

  b) if email-list isn't a local email-list (and non local MTA's don't
     check emails for virusses,...)
      ???
     My tests show, that notifications than will be sent to the list
     -> to all members of that list ...may be not so good

MfG Margrit Lottmann

  |                                             phone : +49 391 67  18572 |

  |                            +49 391 67  12819 |

  |              Margrit Lottmann                 fax : +49 391 67  11134 |
  | Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg                              |
  | Universitaetsrechenzentrum, URZ-N                                     |
  | Universitaetsplatz 2                                                  |
  | D-39106 Magdeburg,  Germany                                           |
  |              Margrit.Lottmann@???                       |