Re: [Exim] HELP! Exim processes are running away with 100+M…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Trevor Sky Garside
Aan: Yann Golanski
CC: Trevor Sky Garside, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] HELP! Exim processes are running away with 100+MB of RAM, crashing my mail servers!
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Yann Golanski wrote:

> But not running exim in debug mode and finding out what causes the
> prblem?...

I can't seem to duplicate it -- any processes I spawn don't seem to be
affected. (See below).

> exiwhat tells you which process does what. Look at your spool and see if
> there are any large files. See if the processes are always happening on
> one domain, user, whatever. Run mailq and see what that one gives you.
> Have a look at the log files, what do they say? Not just the exim ones,
> the others as well.

I have been trying to find any similarities by using exiwhat to see what
processes are hogging the RAM. They vary. Some are accepting inbound
connections, some are delivering email. None of the email deliveries or
inbounds that I was able to trace down were bigger than 15Kb, and nothing
abnormal looking in the headers.

> If all else fails, run exim in the forground and watch the debugging
> output untill it stops -- cause the system gets overloaded. Then, work
> back and see where exim starts to behave oddly.

This, I will try.

To update my situation: I have managed to stabalize the mail system
enough that it doesn't crash. I've got just the right combination of
load-limiting options that seem to keep it going.

Thanks for your reply!

---
Trevor Garside
trevor@???