Re: [Exim] GDBM

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave C.
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: Gabor Z. Papp, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] GDBM
I'm trying to compile an exim with GDBM on a system that has db1, db2,
db3, and gdbm installed (RH72).. (I need gdbm for compatibility with
something else that uses it)

Exim appears to ALWAYS be following the "#elif defined USE_DB" , because
I keep getting "undefined reference to `db_create'", and db_create is
ONLY referenced from within this #elif section.

I have tried:

USE_DB=no

I have tried:

#undef USE_DB

.. in Local/Makefile

It seems to be set in OS/Makefile-Linux

It doesnt seem to check if its defined positively, only if its defined
at all.

I don't seem to have a way to unset it without editing Makefile-Linux
itself.

Perhaps the test should have been more like

#elif USE_DB=yes

to allow for a setting of USE_DB=no (or even USE_DB=blah) preventing it
from obeying that section

On a related tangent - perhaps exim should support any/all DBM libraries
that are installed, and have a specification for which type it should
use for its own db files, and have a per-lookup way of specifying which
type to use for that lookup ??

Suppose two different closed-source apps, using two different db
libraries, were writing data files that the same instance of exim
needed to be able to access?