Re: [Exim] Allowed rcpthosts?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
To: Ken D'Ambrosio
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Allowed rcpthosts?

On 28 Jan 2002 11:55:59 EST, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> Hiya. I've had a .forward set up for one user for some time, now, and
> until this weekend, all worked fine. Nothing's changed that I can tell
> (though I'm checking with the owner of the remote site to be sure). The
> mail bounces with "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
> rcpthosts (#5.7.1)". I've tried to figure out where the "rcpthosts"
> would be defined, and have, thus far, failed. Any pointers on how to
> make sure that this isn't an issue on my side?

That message is generated by qmail on the receiving end. The
possibilities are:

1) Your host is using a stale MX record for the recipient domain.

2) The remote host is misconfigured (common problem with newbies
managing qmail boxes).

3) You're using qmail, not Exim, and have mailed the wrong list. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.