[Exim] LDAP advise? (new to ldap)

Góra strony
Autor: Philipp Gaschuetz
Dla: exim-users
Nowe tematy: [Exim] Allowed rcpthosts?
Temat: [Exim] LDAP advise? (new to ldap)
Hi,

we are planning on introducing LDAP for our mailservers. We have several
offices and in each office we have serveral mailservers, each having a
different "service" running on it and all servicing virtual domains.

I was thinking about a "global" LDAP structure - I'm basically completly
new to LDAP, so please forgive any errors - ie:

ou=office1, o=company
ou=office2, o=company

and so forth... Then have several entries for each of the mail-services, ie:
device=mail1, ou=office1, o=company
device=mail2, ou=office1, o=company

then split between aliases and pop3 accounts

l=aliases,device=mail1, ou=office1, o=company
l=pop accounts,device=mail1, ou=office1, o=company

then by domain:
domain=foo.com,l=aliases,device=mail1, ou=office1, o=company
domain=foo.com,l=pop accounts,device=mail1, ou=office1, o=company

and then the users
dn=popuser1, domain=foo.com,l=pop accounts,device=mail1, ou=office1, o=company
which then holds passwords, mail spool, etc.

Well, my question is: am I getting too complicated here, or am I missing
something about LDAP?

Thanks for any help, advise or examples!

Philipp