Re: [Exim] SPAM from secondary mail servers that you can not…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] SPAM from secondary mail servers that you can not control
On 25 January 2002, Terry Shows said:
> I have successfully stopped spam hosts that connect to me until lately. Now
> they seem to be sending their email through my backup MX hosts (not
> controlled by me), and then my machine accepts anything coming from this
> host.
>
> Does anybody know of a way to search ALL of the "Received:" headers in a
> message to see if it originally came from a known spammer, no matter how
> many other machines it may have been routed through.

I believe SpamAssassin (www.spamassassin.org) looks at all the
"Received" headers. Couple that with the blacklist of recent
spam-source IPs at bl.spamcop.net (www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml), and you've
got a good start.

SpamAssassin also does an excellent job of catching spam based on a
*lot* more than just originating and relay hosts. Great tool.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???