[Exim] Re: Splitting mail across servers

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: Splitting mail across servers
+++ Scott Stavretis [exim-users] <28/01/02 18:11 +1100>:
> I am trying to bounce idea's of people on the list with experience in large
> mail systems as to their personal recommendations of how they implement the
> technical side of things. There are obviously a few ways of doing this.
> One way which you recommened the following URL
> http://www.kierun.org/academic/ appears to be the most popular.

Well, I was saying this (the stuff like abuse desk and such) because it often
seems to be overlooked, or passed over to customer service (or /dev/null)
quite often.

Trust me .. I run the abuse desk (and mail systems) for an outfit that hosts
several million users, so run across this sort of problem all the time.

Once that backend infrastructure is in place, running mail for a couple of
hundred thousand users becomes easier.

Another thing you might want to look at is a good pop / imap proxy like
http://perdition.sourceforge.net

-    -srs