Re: [Exim] Exim 4

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Alte Treads: Re: [Exim] Exim 4
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim 4
tor, 2001-12-06 kl. 12:33 skrev Philip Hazel:

> > However, last time I asked Philip about this, he didn't seem too keen
> > on the idea. From what I remember, he wasn't really concerned with GNU
> > configure per se, but rather that his style of platform-conditional
> > coding would be difficult to support with GNU configure.

> Er, the whole aim of my coding style is NOT to be platform-conditional,
> but instead to be feature-conditional. I've seen too much spaghetti that
> is full of "if OSx and not OSy or OSz release > 6" switches in it. I
> much prefer "if have featureX". I've occasionally broken my own rules,
> and usually regretted it. (There once was a macro called
> LINUX_IP_OPTIONS because Linux did it differently to every other OS; it
> is now called GLIBC_IP_OPTIONS because it's really a glibc thing.)

Philip,

I contend:

1: Exim is far and away the EASIEST to configure and most comprehensive
SMTP mail server availabe for Unix/Linux.

2: Complaints about the building and configuration of SMTP mailservers
should be sent to sendmail.org, not exim.org. Or tell me exactly _how_
easy Sendmail is to compile and configure to give the same features as
Exim.

3: It isn't your fault that you were born English and choose to do
everything differently from Americans. Or any other nation, for that
matter. Me, I was born English and chose to be Norwegian. Live in
Holland, what the hell?

4: Anybody who can improve on Philip's concept for combattance of
gobbledygook _simply announce and realise it_.

5: It was certainly no Unix person who wrote the above criticism. Unix
people are individualists, seek the truth, eschew the banal and
conformity as dictated by The Master.

Cheers, Philip: "all the world's a little queer, nobbut thee and me,
..."

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Tonni Earnshaw <tonni@???>

Let op! Nieuw nummer, is hetzelde als Billy.
Vèr merksam! Nytt nummer, er samme som han Billy eig.
Those who can read neither Dutch nor Nynorsk are Cabbages.

Mobile: +31 6 650531307