[Exim] exim and spamassassin

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mitchell
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] exim and spamassassin
Hi list,

Has anyone used the Spam Filter package from www.spamassassin.org with the Exim MTA???

I have previously been using this package with the Postfix MTA with a rather complex setup, such that Postfix delivered the
email for all users to the one account, which then passed it through Spamassassin and used procmail to deliver it to the end
user. This was a rather painful way of doing things so I was wundering if Exim has a cleaner way of using such a filtering
program.

The program is fairly simple, it takes it's input from stdin and sends it's output to stdout adding the necessary headers
if it thinks the email is spam. for example

spamassassinc < in.txt > out.txt

will reproduce in.txt in out.txt adding headers in the email to indicate weather it is spam or not. It is then up to the
user what they want to do with email with a spam header. I.E. weather they want Outlook to filter it out or not.

What would be the best way of using such a application with the Exim MTA?

Any hints here would be greatly appreciated.

Later!

From Mitchell