[Exim] mail being delivered multiple times

Góra strony
Autor: robert stanford
Dla: exim mailing list
Temat: [Exim] mail being delivered multiple times
Exim was the last thing I assumed it to be, the very first time it
happened was from a hotmail box, so poiting the finger wasnt too hard.

The system uses fetchamil to get all mail from the outside world from a
catchall that is hosted by another company. I looked at the catchall
webmail at the other mail server and could see the hotmail mail coming
in every 5 minutes or so.

However a few days later someone on the local network sent an internal
mail that was delivered 32 times. Using outlook and knowing there are
still issues with it an imap (we are using uwash) I assumed once again
that the problem lay outside my machine.

This morning I was contacted by a staff member who receives a daily
email regarding the status of a backup machine. This machine runs linux
and the email is a simple echo "heres some text" | mail foo@??? to
let them know whats going on. He received this email 10 times.

I have several machines sending out simple one line reports like this
and this is the first tim eI have seen this happen.

Is it safe for me to put the header from the 10x mail here on the
mailing list ?

Regards
Robert Stanford