[Exim] Why add X-Envelope-To?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Anton A. Golubev
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Why add X-Envelope-To?
Hello All!

Please, explain me exim behaviour:
why add X-Envelope-To header to each message, which pass filter pipe,
save and etc directives?

I asked, because got in a trouble described below.

I run mail list software (specifically mailman) and antivirus software
(amavis with kaspersky antivirus). Then list software generate letter
for many recipients, it goes though antivirus pipe (via system filter)
and get extra header "X-Envelope-To" which contain almost all list
subscribers.

This behaviour is not desirable for my list, because it discloses
subscribers emails to each other. The letter should have only To:,

Also I found out, that mentioned header appears after pipe command in
(system) message filter.

Does there any ways exist to solve this problem?

For now, I create rules in system filter to omit virus checking for
outgoing mailman messages. But I afraid, that multiple recipients will
be disclosed, then users send messages to "bcc:". It isn't they expect
to.

-- Anton                          http://www.engec.ru
At Home