[Exim] SMTP AUTH (Exim-3.33 and Exim-3.952)

Góra strony
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] SMTP AUTH (Exim-3.33 and Exim-3.952)
Hello list,

Just before you emabrk on your weekend proper, I have TWO major questions on
SMTP AUTH, one on 3.33 and the other on 3.952 (aka 4 beta)

On Exim-3.33 I have a working AUTH setup which correctly handles users who
are in my /etc/passwd. Maybe I need to say the users use username:encryptedpasswd
pair to AUTH.
I have another set of users, virtual in this case, using username@domain:encryptedpasswd
pair and the usernames/passwords are in MySQL database. Exim already has access to this
database. My questions on this are:

1. Is it possible to configure authenticators for these users in Exim-3.33? I am not
a database guru and the much I know is just the HOWTOs that I read to setup Exim
and TPOP3D. I scanned the archives
2. Is it possible also to setup authenticators for them in Exim-4?

3. On Exim-4: I built this from the FreeBSD ports and I checked the Local/Makefile
and saw the authenticators were compiled into the exim binary.
Exim-4 being new as it is, I haven't managed to get authentication working on my
test box. I have defined acl smtp_auth and also defined the authenticators (actually
they were left in place by the convert script). Exim-4 runs on the test box but when
I telnet to it and issue EHLO I don't see it advertising AUTH. I've scanned spec.txt
but seems I am missing something major.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll be greatly obliged.

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n.

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@???>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

++
It is impossible to experience one's death objectively and still carry
a tune.
        -- Woody Allen