Re: [Exim] (no subject)

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: phil
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] (no subject)
On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Phil White wrote:

> On Friday 25 January 2002 04:49, you wrote:
> > I am getting a slew of these error messages:
> >
> > 2002-01-24 20:23:21 socket bind() to port 25 for address (any IPv4) failed:
> > Address already in use: waiting before trying again
> > 2002-01-24 20:23:51 socket bind() to port 25 for address (any IPv4) failed:
> > Address already in use: daemon abandoned
> >

> What OS are you using? SuSE??
>
> Reason I ask; I suspect that you will have support for IPv6.
> Sadly, I know sweet FA about SuSEs implementation of this, so I don't use it.
> However, when I did, these were the errors I was getting.
>
> The confusing bit is that you probably arn't running anything else on port 25!

Aha! Which release of Exim? This change was made for release 3.33:

2. Change 3.32/7 broke IPv6 on Linux, which handles wildcard listening with a
single IPv6 socket, and _forbids_ a second IPv4 socket. (But the USAGI IPv6
stack may be different.) The change also caused failures on systems that have
IPv6 libraries, but no IPv6 support in the kernel. The IPv6 code has been
reworked yet again, such that it should work on all the different variations,
and just revert to IPv4 when there is no IPv6 support in the kernel.

So if you are running 3.32, best to upgrade (current is 3.34).