RE: [Exim] Cyrus/Exim incompatibility

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andy Hedges
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Cyrus/Exim incompatibility
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Andy Hedges wrote:

> I was thinking about this LF replacing CRLF issue recently when I was
> implenting some code to PGP sign e-mail. Basically if you send the mail from
> Windows it will produce the hash of the message which includes the CR but
> when you recieve it the CR have been removed and thus the hash is taken to
> be bad. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

RFC 2822 messages are defined in terms of lines, but different OS use
different ways of terminating lines. Some use CR, some use LF, some use
CRLF, and some use none of the above. So if you want to do hash
operations, you had better do them on the data in the lines, excluding
the terminating characters (if any).