Re: [Exim] Exim + Courier IMAP

Author: Dave C.
To: Friso Kuipers
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim + Courier IMAP
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Friso Kuipers wrote:

> On 15 Jan, Jaco van der Schyff wrote:
>
> > Messrs,
> >
> > I was browsing through the Exim archive, looking for information on
> > how to configure Exim to work with Courier IMAP.
> >
> > I unfortunately couldnt get the information I was looking for, and I
> > would like to enquire if anyone on the list managed to get it working.
> >
> > My problem lies specifically with exim checking the Courier userdb
> > database and delivering to those virtual users.
> >
> > I would really appreciate any help you could give, as I am at a
> > dead-end at the moment.
> >

> First make sure courier and exim use the same database library, in my
> case libdb.so.1. For details, see courier and exim docs.
>
> Create a user for the courier system, mine is
> vmail:*:16:12:vmail:/home/vmail: This is explained in the courier docs.
>
> Then you can use a director like this:
>
> vmail_smartlist:
>   driver = smartuser
>   local_parts = dbmnz;/etc/userdb.dat
>   home_directory = "${if match{${extract{3}{|}\
>                       {${local_part_data}}}}{^mail=(.+)\\$}{$1}fail}"
>   transport = vmail_delivery

I have question on this - you seem to be relying that the home directory
is always in the 3rd field. From what I've seen, the ordering of the
fields is arbitrary...

Now, I seem to remember dimly some way of extracting fields by namefrom
this sort of data:

eg field1=data field2=otherdate anotherfield=something)

from within exim directly - does anyone have a pointer for that or am I
just hallucinating?