Re: [Exim] strange problem when talking with MS ESMTP MAIL S…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Pennock
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] strange problem when talking with MS ESMTP MAIL Service
On 2002-01-24 at 17:56 +0200, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> Good point. I'll ask my cat whether she knows the answer.

Cats are inscrutable. They probably _do_ know how to fix all computer
problems, but find it more fun to watch the humans panic.

> Not really. RFC 1870, page 4, chapter 6, states explicitly:
>
> # NOTE: Servers MUST NOT use the SIZE parameter to determine end of
> # content in the DATA command.
>
> So the server should take SIZE as a hint, not a strict promise.

*nods*

> Therefore, the server in question behaved just WRONG.

There is no evidence that this was the cause of the problem.

It's the only anomaly which I could immediately spot, but the "problem
report" was somewhat lacking. If this is in fact the problem (and with
more coffee, I gain more confidence that, given that small sample,
that's all that _could_ have been wrong) then yes.

> P.S. Did you know? RFC 1653 has two chapters 4.

I didn't. I do now.
--
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.