Re: [Exim] Cyrus/Exim incompatibility

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Lawrence Greenfield
Para: John Holman
CC: exim-users, Frank.Richter, info-cyrus
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Cyrus/Exim incompatibility
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:49:59 +0000 (GMT)
From: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, John Holman wrote:

> Messages generated by Cyrus's lmtpd (e.g. as the result of a sieve vacation
> or reject rule) are created with CRLF as line terminators and piped to the
> mail program (by default sendmail, which in our case is actually
> exim). Messages presented to sendmail in this way should, I think,
> conform to the Unix conventions for line termination rather than those for
> SMTP, and therefore not contain CR characters.

Sendmail has, for many many years, dynamically adjusted to CRLF
instead of LF. I suppose I could pass the "-ba" flag, which might
tell /usr/lib/sendmail to expect CRLF, but I'd worry that any sendmail
wrapper that doesn't deal with CRLF won't deal with the -ba flag.

I suppose I should just make Cyrus connect to an SMTP server so I know
what sort of beast I'm dealing with.

Larry