Re: [Exim] Strange behaviour

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Pennock
A: proftpd
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Strange behaviour
On 2002-01-23 at 23:13 +0100, proftpd wrote:
> Hello to everybody,

Hi,

This mail doesn't directly answer your question, as I can't figure out
what situation you are describing. If you could follow up with more
explanation, we might be able to figure out what's going on.

> Since the laste upgrade (Debian potato/Exim 3.12) I am experiencing
> something strange.

Was that an upgrade _to_ Exim 3.12, or _from_ Exim 3.12?

What was the old version number, and what is the new version number?

Do you know if the Exim configuration file was updated, as part of this
upgrade?

> I am running virtual Domains, and at least one user is receiving his mail as
> usually if he gets it per cc:
> If I adress him with To: he gets his mail into his mailbox but can`t pop it.
> I am using qpopper.

The qpopper part is beyond the scope of Exim. Exim deals with the SMTP
parts of the mail system, and delivery into the mailboxes, from which
qpopper can pass the mail out, via POP3, upon request. Given more
information, we can perhaps help with any problems caused by Exim, or
say "no, you need to ask the qpopper people for help".

I don't understand what you mean by "is receiving his mail as usually if
he gets it per cc:". Then, if the mail is in the mailbox and can't be
popped, it's likely to be a qpopper issue -- did you upgrade qpopper
too?

How about showing us the relevant directors (if you can find them), a
sample message, describe what you expected to happen, and show us what
arrived in the mailbox. Include the relevant Exim logfile lines. If
the problem then occured with qpopper, show us the logfile lines for
that too -- it's possible that they'll indicate something like a mailbox
filesystem permissions issue and we'll then be able to show what needs
changing on Exim's side.

Useful information to have includes the directors, the filesystem layout
for where the virtual mails are delivered, what username/group the
mailboxes are accessed with for the POP3 access, what the current
ownership and permissions on the files are, and so on.

It's useful to see a sample message for each 'problem', the results, and
expected behaviour, so that we can understand the issue.

Don't worry if the mail you send next gets too long. It's better to
have too much information than too little, and anything under 1000 lines
is probably still sane and safe.

(You have no idea how many times I typoed a product name, as "qpooper").
--
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.