Re: [Exim] Help decoding TLS error log

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: exim-users
CC: Patrice Fournier
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help decoding TLS error log
On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:14:12AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> The underlying problem here is the way Exim is designed. The sending of
> several messages over one connection is seen as "exceptional" rather
> than "commonplace", so it is implemented in a crude way. A whole new
> delivery process is started for the next message. It is impossible to
> pass over all the state that is associated with a TLS session, which is
> why Exim closes it down before passing the socket to a new delivery
> process.
>
> If this isn't going to work, Exim cannot implement "several queued
> messages over one connection" when TLS is involved.

Ok.

So what are my options?
1) Turn TLS off completely (not really)
2) Start keeping track of which hosts I can do TLS with
3) Disable more than one delivery per SMTP connection when TLS is active

Is there a way to do #3?

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key