Re: [Exim] more thoughts on moving to new server with maildi…

Author: dman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] more thoughts on moving to new server with maildir
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:15:39AM -0800, Derrick wrote:
| I just had a thought, can I get comments?

| I have the old mail server, mail1 let's call it, and mail2 for the new
| one.

| how well would keeping the MX record for the domain set to mail1, and then
| use some sort of spam tool to process the mail on mail1, and the users are
| only allowed to mail2 (webmail server) to read mail, and when the login
| into mail2 it pulls the mail from mail1 moving it into maildir format. Is
| this a good idea, bad idea, half a good idea?

This sounds really complicated. What is your goal in doing this? I
don't think you'll even manage to lighten the load on the servers
since you'll have two servers each handling all the mail for your
domain. I think automatically scanning for spam is a good idea though
(use spamassassin).

-D

--

THe lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the Lord.