Re: [Exim] Mailman and bounces with exim.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: David Broome
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mailman and bounces with exim.
On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 16:21, David Broome wrote:
> Thanks - the trusted user value was the key.
>
> Can I suggest thoughts in the know consider this for addition to the
> How-to (http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html). Basically the user listed
> by the MAILMAN_UID value must also be trusted. In the case of the Debian
> distribution this defaults to the List user.

This *only* applies if you are using Sendmail.py for mail injection (ie
you invoke sendmail (or an alternative) with the users as arguments and
the message on stdin).

This really does not work well, and is really strongly recommended
against. It has been known to trash mail in the past, and it was pretty
much decided that the whole idea was not fixable, so its not been fixed
or updated in a while.

I'll put a note in that you *must* use SMTPDirect for mail injection.
Anything else and you are on your own anyhow.

    Nigel.