Re: [Exim] Copy every incomming Mail to a backup server

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Oliver Egginger
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Copy every incomming Mail to a backup server
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> Unhappily Exim doesn't support a retry mechanism for shadow transports.

Shadow transports are very much a bolt-on lash-up. They were added at
version 1.890 with the following comment:

39. Added local shadow transports - somewhat experimental.

I think they are still "somewhat experimental". They were never intended
for use as "real" deliveries.

> Will Exim4 support a retry mechanism for shadow transports ?

No. I get the feeling that the whole topic needs some thought and a
re-consideration of what people actually need. This certainly won't
happen in a hurry.

In the meantime, have you tried "unseen" routing/directing as an
alternative approach? You should get retries there.