Re: [Exim] Copy every incomming Mail to a backup server

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Oliver Egginger
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Copy every incomming Mail to a backup server
It's working perfectly via nfs as a matter of principle.
But sometimes I get error message like this

ST=local_backup_delivery (failed to lock mailbox /mailserv2/hg6522 (fcntl))

I consulted the syslogs and saw that there where some problems with the
nfs-lockd most probably caused by network problems.
Unhappily Exim doesn't support a retry mechanism for shadow transports.
Now I'am thinking about a fault tolerant solution, which is working as well
when there occur (temporary) network problems.

I would be very glad, if you could suggest me a possibility.
Maybe shadow transports not the right thing for my purpose ...
Will Exim4 support a retry mechanism for shadow transports ?

regards
Oliver

Message from tuesday 22 Januar 2002 08:55: