Re: [Exim] blocking reply to alias?

Author: Dave Price
To: Pierre A. Humblet, Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] blocking reply to alias?
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 06:13:28PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Any MUA will do that for you.
>
> With exim you could use suffixes and a filter (in your .forward).
> Mail sent to davep-mylist@??? would be analyzed by the
> filter and either rejected or expanded, depending on the sender,
> the origin host, etc....
> Of course the sender can be faked, so this is not really secure.
> You could also put a password in some header and have the filter
> verify and strip it.

Pierre,

I am the admin for kinaole.org. I do not want to do anything at the
MTA level to limit the use of an alias address to myself, or local
users, or specific users.

The concern is that i am using the 'info' alias to facilitate
broadcasting of solicited information to outside recipients whom I wish
to keep anonymous from the outside world.

I want everyone receiving or viewing the info messages to see that they
were addressed to the 'info' address, but I DO NOT want anyone to
randomly be able to 'relay' other mail to the list recipients.

I do not think that basic relay controls will prevent this, since 'on
the surface the mail appears to be destined to an internal address ...
but then it expands to external ones throught the alias.

aloha,
dave