(Fwd) Re: [Exim] question about postmaster@*.*

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andrew Johnson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: (Fwd) Re: [Exim] question about postmaster@*.*
From:               Andrew Johnson <linux@???>
To:                 Vadim Vygonets <vadik-exim@???>
Subject:            Re: [Exim] question about postmaster@*.*
Send reply to:      linux@???
Date sent:          Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:43:27 -0000

On 22 Jan 2002 at 15:59, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Not only you are posting your reply before the untrimmed original
> message and post long lines, you also answer the wrong question.
> The answer is to set the following in the main configuration
> section:
>
> errors_copy = * postmaster
>
> Oy vey. Do your lawyers mean the envelope recipients or the ones
> listed in the headers? In the latter case, haven't they heard
> about Bcc:, .forward and mailing lists?
>
> I hope replying is OK. But the www.exim.org webmaster should
> note that the message I'm replying to should NOT be archived, nor
> this message, as it includes quoted portions of that message.
>
> > All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.
> > }
>
> Good.
>
> Vadik.
>
> [Oh BTW, the stuff I wrote above is my opinions only, not of my
> current employer, which is a University, and I can't be bothered
> to ask the staff what they think about Exim and disclaimers.
> But if this message is archived on some web server, the
> webmaster will not be sued by me for a large sum of money,
> however tempting it may sound. But I always accept donations of
> large sums of money. If you're willing to donate, please
> contact me off the list to the address listed in the From:
> header, which is not the same as the envelope sender.]
>
> --

**** I changed my mind on the first statement ! ****

Ok, I'm not putting this on the main list because i don't think it
has any business being there.
I don't recall asking for a sarcastic flaming (and I checked my
sent messages!)
As for answering the wrong question, that would depend on if
the individual still wants the error message to go to the sender
or if he just wants a copy of the mail so he can deal with it.
Neither case was made clear.
You could have pointed out the other way as an alternative
rather than merely saying I was wrong sarcasticly. This
hardly promotes a friendly 'willing to help' community.

-Andy-

Andrew Johnson, Technical Consultant
Drive Computer Services
Tel +44 (0)1924 280388 Extn 223
Fax +44 (0)1924 280117
Mobile +44 (0)7970 284594
Vmail/Fax +44 (0)7092 362849
Email : andrew.johnson@???
{
The contents of this communication (plus any attachments which may be
included along with it) are solely intended for the individual(s) and/or
group(s) listed as a recipient above. None of the contents should be relayed
in any form to any third party without the prior consent of the author.