Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Phil Pennock wrote:

> On 2002-01-21 at 17:20 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> > So, envelope_to_remove (which is set by default) is applied to the
> > message before the .forward file sees it?
>
> You'd need PH to confirm this, but that's my understanding.
>
> The Spec's section 49.6, "The Envelope-to: header", at leasts suggests
> this.

I'll add "as the message is read" to the spec. These removals happen at
input time.

> I think that main section config for incoming messages happens first,
> then system filter. Then directors/routers; if it's a forwardfile
> director, then the .forward exansion sees the message as supplied to the
> director, and then the headers_{add,remove} stuff is done before passing
> the message to the transport which handles the actual delivery.
>
> At this point, though, I'm turning around and shouting for Philip Hazel.
> Phil?

Anything in the main section applies to "receive time". The
directors/routers apply at "deliver time", which of course may happen
more than once if a message is delayed. Headers add/remove in a director
or router just attach the info to the address. The adding actually
happens at transport time for that address.

> Mr Hazel sir, I second Marc's request for a documentation clarification.
> :^)

Noted for Exim 4.