Re: [Exim] WebRT and rt-mailgate exim problem

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] WebRT and rt-mailgate exim problem
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:48:33 -0000, "Diye" <diye@???> wrote:
>Can anyone help me out with this. I am running webrt ( the original version ) and exim3.34 on RH7.1
>I am getting a problem trying to send mail to the RT system mailqueue. The bounced message say's:
>  pipe to |/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action = correspond
>    generated by rt@???
>    Child process of address_pipe transport returned 9 from command:
>    /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate

Looks like your webrt installation is broken. rt-mailgate returns a
non-zero return code, which makes exim fail. Doesn't look like an exim
problem.

>##############
>Transport Config#
>##############

|rt_pipe:
|  debug_print                   = "rt_pipe calling /usr/bin/perl -T RTPATH/rtmux.pl rt-mailgate ${lc:$local_part} ${substr_2:${local_part_suffix}}"
|  driver                        = pipe
|  command           = "/usr/bin/perl RTPATH/stripmime.pl ${lc:$local_part} correspond"
|  log_output
|  user                          = "www-data"
|  group                         = "www-data"

>##############
>Directors Config #
>##############

|rt:
|  debug_print           = "rt for $local_part@$domain \n local_part: $local_part \n local_part_suffix: $local_part_suffix"
|  driver                = smartuser
|  transport             = rt_pipe
|  domains               = "rt.example.com"
|  suffix                = "-action:-comment:-correspond"
| suffix_optional
| require_files         = "+RTPATH/rtmux.pl"

We use this director/transport pair, and our RT works reasonably well.
However, I remember that making webrt work with exim was a major pain,
but I won't remember what the exact problem was. Exit code 9 rings a
bell though. We run the webrt in a dedicated subdomain.

HTH

Greetings
Marc