Re: [Exim] Exim 4 query: How about doing local_scan() in per…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
Para: exim-users, Greg Ward
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 query: How about doing local_scan() in perl?
Well, at the point in Exim 4 that local_scan() gets called, the message does
not exist as a single stream of text the way it was originally transmitted.
It's already been broken apart into the -H and -D files, and the
local_scan() function does not get a handle to the -H file, only the -D
file. Its gets pointers to structures containing the headers and recipients,
and this is good, because it means Exim doesn't have to reparse the message
text when local_scan() returns.

If you wanted to pass a complete raw text message to the scan function that
could be _modified_, it'd be better to just stick with the current way of
doing things (pipe it out, and then receive it back in as a new message).