Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Envelope Recipient in user .forward file
On 2002-01-21 at 17:20 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> So, envelope_to_remove (which is set by default) is applied to the
> message before the .forward file sees it?

You'd need PH to confirm this, but that's my understanding.

The Spec's section 49.6, "The Envelope-to: header", at leasts suggests
this.

I think that main section config for incoming messages happens first,
then system filter. Then directors/routers; if it's a forwardfile
director, then the .forward exansion sees the message as supplied to the
director, and then the headers_{add,remove} stuff is done before passing
the message to the transport which handles the actual delivery.

At this point, though, I'm turning around and shouting for Philip Hazel.
Phil?

> Additionally, I was misled by the section on "String Expansion" which
> lists some variable that are "most likely to be useful". I didn't see
> that this was an incomplete list. Phil might want to include a
> reference to section 33 giving the complete list of expansion
> variables to keep stupid people like me from bothering the list ;)

I had the same problem. I'm luckily pedantic enough that "most likely"
actually suggested that there might be others; I wasn't sure how most
people would interpret this -- I'm not a good reference for a 'normal'
mind. ;^)

Mr Hazel sir, I second Marc's request for a documentation clarification.
:^)
--
There is a chasm
of carbon and silicon